Any time you see New Zealand and trails, you should instantly know that you’re in for something rad. We just spotted The Trails Collective‘s latest video over on Can You Dig It and couldn’t pass up sharing some quality footage from Gorge Road and Lizzy Woods. Amazing spots, great riding and a great vibe. Looks like it was an awesome trip.
“Recently some of the The Collective took a trip over to NZ and visited
some of the world’s most renowned trails and spaces built for BMX.
We made contact with the dedicated individuals / volunteers that
run each trail and space. Thank you to those that welcomed us
with familiar faces and those new faces too – Nath G and all the
locals at Gorge Rd Trails. Quinn, Gina, Cole and Brad from Lizzy
Woods Trails. Special thanks to Quinn, Gina and Brad for contributing
to our photos and footage and providing some accommodation for us.
You guys are rad.
For those of you that don’t now, trails are a sacred place based
on cultural values, discipline, respect and community. Always show
respect to the people putting in the work and undertake a few things
before and during your visit. A couple of things that may help you if
you arrive at a public or private trail space or facility.
1. Get in touch directly before you arrive and introduce yourself to the locals
2. Do not ride straight away, especially if the trails are dry
3. Assist in watering, maintenance and any other duties before riding.
4. Don’t climb the jumps or other elements of the trail
5. Be aware of the people around you and the lines they take
6. Repair anything you may damage
7. Be positive
8. Respect receives respect
9. Leave the trails as you found them
10. Take your rubbish with you or dispose of in waste disposal
Most of all enjoy yourself and the company that surrounds you.
Until next time, enjoy the show.
Cheers – TTC”