Looking for a job or you just want to make the switch to working in the BMX industry full-time? Well, if you’re a creative director and graphic designer that’s willing to make the move to Rochester, New York, you can work for Kink BMX! Kink is looking for a new Creative Director / Graphic Designer and have opened up their application process for the job! If you’re interested you can learn more about the job below. You can also either email email@example.com with your resume and portfolio, or if you have any questions. You can also apply online RIGHT HERE! We have a feeling this one might get filled quickly, so get on it if you’re looking for this kind of job!
Full details on the job below…
“Kink BMX is now hiring for an in-house Creative Director / Graphic Designer. Kink is looking for someone passionate in creative direction, graphic design, and BMX to add to its team in Rochester. This position also covers graphic design for Kink’s OEM parts brand, Mission BMX. To apply, send an email with your portfolio and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: Rochester, New York
Position: Full Time & In-House
Benefits: Health Care Options, Vacation Time, Bonus Plan, Free Product Allowance
Position Description and Responsibilities
• Maintain and guide the brands visual identity in a unified and profitable way
• Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
o Look-books – For new and current products (bikes, parts, apparel, etc.)
o Online Banner Ads – Web banners and skins for online media websites
o Social Media and Promotional Content – Contests, header graphics, sale flyers, etc.
o Online Catalogs – Full length product catalogs, flipbooks, etc.
o Social Sites – Updating and maintaining look of social media pages, icons, etc.
o Email Newsletter – Creating newsletter templates and campaign assets
o Campaigns – Working with marketing to create campaign assets and guides
o Site Redesigns – Full site redesigns every 2-3 years
o Site Updates – Update site banners, marketing imagery, catalog embeds, etc.
o Print Ads – Campaigns and designs for print magazines
o Promotional Print – Catalogs, brochures, mailers, and posters
o Thumbnails – Thumbnail creation for videos
o Graphics – Graphics and motion graphics for riding or product videos
o Direction – Working closely with videographer(s)
o Concepting – Creating concepts, storyboards, etc. for promotional videos
o Graphics – Creating graphics and logo treatments for new products
o Packaging – Package design with graphic treatment for bikes and parts
o Bikes – Creating color ways, graphics, packaging design, etc.
o Promotion – Sticker packs, banners, ramp stickers, flyers, merch items, POP items, etc.
o Manuals – Product instructions and guides
o Designs – Creating several t-shirt, sweatshirt, and hat logos each season
o New Apparel Design – Designing tags, trim, graphics, etc. for new apparel items
• Ability to be self-sufficient as well as work in a group environment
• Ability to meet deadlines, accomplish tasks with minimal supervision, and provide mistake-free work
• Ability to receive suggestions and critiques from coworkers in a positive and constructive way
• Excellent time management skills
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Work closely with photographer for catalog layouts, ads, website, etc.
• Work closely with marketing for sales, ads, campaigns, and market input
• Comfortable working in a “small business” setting
• Enjoys working with others and being part of a team
• Highly reliable, detail oriented, and organized
• Working within given project/division budgets
• Utilize and work effectively with freelance and outside resources
• Staying in tune with BMX market trends and competitors
• Business to business experience desired (working directly with suppliers and vendors)
Required Software Skills
• High proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
• Intermediate to high proficiency in Adobe Premiere and After Effects
• Intermediate to high proficiency in Shopify ecommerce
• Intermediate proficiency in current web standards and languages (HTML, CSS, etc.)
• Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite software
• Intermediate proficiency with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat, and Issuu
• Bachelor’s degree preferred but not mandatory if sufficient experience
• 2-3 years of experience in a lead graphic design role
• BMX, bicycle, action sports, or lifestyle brand experience preferred“