Odyssey have released an updated version of their popular EVO 2 brakes!
Sure, brakes aren’t as common as they used to be on BMX bikes, but there’s still a good number of riders that rock brakes! The crew at Odyssey have just released an updated version of their ever popular EVO 2 brakes, with arms that have a wider radius to fit the larger 2.40″ tires. They’ve also created a kit with the EVO 2.5 brakes, their Monolever brake lever and the Linear Slic-Kable brake cable. Get full details below…
“The Evo 2.5 is a remixed version of the industry leading Evo 2 brake you know and love, with a lot more room for larger, modern tire sizes. Just like the classic Evo 2, it is built around modular hardware features and affordable value. Install it as a rear brake or front brake straight out of the box.
Comes with Odyssey’s convenient double lugged straddle cable, custom curved cable hanger and an array of hardware for adapting the brake to every possible set-up. Forged from aluminum for strength, and to avoid unnecessary upcharges from frivolous CNC machining.
– More clearance for larger tires
– Flat-tipped cable set screws prevents excess damage to the cable’s inner wire
– Sleek aluminum front cable adapter
– Flush surfaces, with the lowest possible overall stack height
– Front or rear wheel use
– Slim by Four pads
– Two sets of springs for hard and soft tension/modulation
– Spring tension indicators for easy set up
– Newly designed straddle hanger
– Pre-lugged straddle cable
– Cable lugs are smaller and use a 10 mm hex head”
The EVO 2.5 Brakes are available for $46.99 and the whole kit is available for $66.99 through BMX shops and mail-orders that carry Odyssey BMX worldwide now!