After last week, when we got everyone all fired up about the different External Hub Guards that will all be available soon, our good friend Nuno at Mutant Bikes figured it would be good to drop us a line and explain the new Peguard that will be available at the end of this month worldwide and the External Hub Guard that will be available this summer! These both have been years in development and they’re finally ready. Get the full details below!
“We have been developed this Peguard and External Guard with our crew since 2009, always with the intent of creating a hubguard serving in all frames and forks maintaining the strength they need.
On the right, you can see the Peguard that will be available worldwide end of this month and on the left is the External Guard that will be available in June/July this year.
It was a really nice challenge developing the Peguard so far, but they are finally done and tested.
Peguard specs are:
– made with AL7075 T6
– full CNC machined
– internal peg offset machined to be thicker on the bottom and thiner on the top.
– 105mm length
– Replacement nylon sleeve with 100mm length
– 38mm out diameter
– 10mm thicker hubguard
– 2 fixing bolts for the nylon sleeve
– Fit every front and rear hubs, both sides
– Fit every frame and fork out in the market
– available colors: black, blue, red, orange, polish and oil slick
Same as the Peguard we apply the same things in the external guard and have been test/adjust them together to works perfect with your pegs or any pegs available.
– made with CrMo 4130 eat treated
– 5mm thicker hubguard
– anti-spin pegs hole
– anti-spin bolts hubguard
– 10mm converter washer
– designed to fit any pegs
– fit every frame and fork out in the market
– designed to fit every front and rear hubs, both sides
– available colors: only black” – Nuno Milhinhos
You can find out more about Mutant Bikes and their products by visiting their website — MutantBikes.com
All the latest BMX videos, news, products and more can be found in the DAILY SECTION!