All photos by Mark Losey / Nike BMX
If there’s one huge perk to BMX, it’s the option and freedom to ride anywhere you want in the world. Everywhere you go there are new spots, new people, new experiences just waiting for you and you have your bike to give you all the reasons in the world to hit the road. Dennis Enarson is a traveling machine with more miles logged in a year than most traveling businessmen, so we figured we would hit him up with a few questions to find out some of his favorite and least favorite parts of traveling are! Let’s see what he had to say!
Name: Dennis Enarson
Current Location: San Diego CA
Years riding: I lost count a while ago.
Approximate number of miles traveled in 2014: Haha, I have no idea, and I don’t really want to do that math.
Top 5 Places you had the chance to travel in 2014:
1. Malaysia with the Haro boys
2. Argentina with Nike
3. Japan with Demolition
4. Portugal with Ronnie and Hadrien
5. Me, Christian, and Nathan’s Southwest road trip on the way home from Austin
3 Places you have never been, but want to get to as soon as possible:
1. New Zealand
Top 3 people to travel with:
1. The MARKIT crew
2. All my families with the companies I’m down with
3. Random close friends from home
3 Things you can’t live without on a trip:
1. My bike
2. Good shoes
3. Good friends
3 non-BMX things to do on every trip:
1. Take photos with my film camera
2. Enjoy the amazing food and culture that’s always different throughout the world
3. Take it all in and try to never take any trip for granted.
Favorite part of traveling:
The way it always opens your mind a little further.
Least favorite part of traveling:
Needing some good at home time to let my body rest.
Top 3 places to have a window seat while coming in for landing:
1. San Diego
2. Nice, France
3. Hong Kong
3 favorite ways to pass time on a long flight:
3. Inflight TV
3 Reasons a rider should travel more:
1. More friends
2. More spots
3. More adventures