Looking for a job as a graphic designer and love BMX? Kink BMX is now hiring for a Junior Graphic Designer position that will be for Kink and Mission BMX brands through Blackout. Check out the full job description, then send your resume over to their email or apply over on their INDEED LISTING.
“Kink BMX is now hiring for a full-time Junior Graphic Designer. This position will cover day-to-day creative needs for both the Kink BMX and Mission BMX brands, as well as assisting the Creative Director on larger projects. The company is looking for someone passionate about graphic design and BMX or related industries to add to its team in Rochester. To apply, send an email with your portfolio and experience to email@example.com.
Check out the full job description below!
Location: Rochester, New York
Position: Full Time (In-House Preferred)
Benefits: Health Care Options, Paid Vacation Time, Bonus Plan, Free Product Allowance
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
o Look-books – For new and current products (bikes, parts, apparel, etc.)
o Online Banner Ads – Web banners and skins for online media websites
o Social Media and Promotional Content – Contests, header graphics, sale flyers, etc.
o Social Sites – Updating and maintaining look of social media pages, icons, etc.
o Email Newsletter – Creating newsletter templates and campaign assets
o Site Updates – Update site banners, marketing imagery, catalog embeds, etc.
o Print Ads – Campaigns and designs for print magazines
o Promotional Print – Catalogs, brochures, mailers, and posters
o Thumbnails – YouTube thumbnail creation for videos
o Graphics – Graphics and motion graphics for riding or product videos
o Graphics – Creating graphics and logo treatments for new products
o Packaging – Package design and label creation
o Promotion – Sticker packs, banners, flyers, hang tags, merch items, POP, etc.
o Manuals – Product instructions and guides
o Designs – Creating several t-shirt, sweatshirt, and hat graphics each season
• Ability to meet deadlines, accomplish tasks with minimal supervision, and provide mistake-free work
• Ability to receive suggestions and critiques from coworkers in a positive and constructive way
• Excellent time management skills
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Comfortable working in a “small business” setting
• Enjoys working with others and being part of a team
• Highly reliable, detail oriented, and organized
• Staying in tune with BMX market trends and competitors
• Ability to work within brand guidelines
• High proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
• Intermediate proficiency in MacOS, Dropbox, Google Workspace, and Microsoft Office
• Intermediate proficiency with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube
• Intermediate proficiency in Adobe Premiere and After Effects preferred but not required
• Intermediate proficiency in current web standards and languages (HTML, CSS, etc.) preferred but not required
• Intermediate proficiency in Shopify ecommerce preferred but not required
• Bachelor’s degree preferred but not mandatory if sufficient experience
• 1-2 years professional graphic design experience
• BMX, bicycle, action sports, or similar lifestyle brand experience preferred