Are you a photographer looking for a job in the BMX industry? Blackout Distribution is hiring for a Product Photographer. Blackout is the home of Kink BMX, Cinema BMX, Mission BMX, so those would be the primary brands you would be shooting. Check out the full details below!
“Blackout Distribution is now hiring for an in-house Product Photographer with a focus on studio product photography and retouching. Video experience is a bonus, but not required. This position is primarily in-house with some work-from-home possibilities. Blackout Distribution is looking for someone passionate in photography, BMX, and lifestyle-based culture to add to its creative team for its in-house brands Kink BMX, Cinema BMX, and Mission BMX. To apply, send an email with your portfolio and experience to email@example.com.
Location: Rochester, New York Available: Immediately Position: Full Time (In-House) Wages: Competitive
Benefits: Health Care Options, Paid Vacation Time, Bonus Plan, Free Product Allowance
● Photograph products in studio for online and print use, following existing angles and lighting
● Retouch images using Adobe Photoshop. Silo, clean up, and composite multiple images for final use
● Image processing, exporting files in a variety of resolutions
● Sorting and archiving digital files, exporting to specific folders on Dropbox and local servers
● Prepping products for shooting, cleaning bikes and parts, steaming and lint rolling apparel, etc.
● Building sets for different styles of shooting, ex. apparel set, warehouse floor set, lifestyle lighting setup, etc.
● General studio organization and upkeep, keeping equipment and sets organized for ongoing projects
● Assist Lead Photographer on larger photoshoots, setting up and adjusting lighting on location or studio, help
moving, equipment, etc.
● On location product photography, photographing products in various locations with available light
● Reliable, detailed, and highly organized
● Must have a keen eye for detail and quality control, and provide mistake-free work
● Maintain production of a high volume of images under tight deadlines
● Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative environment
● Must have enough experience to feel comfortable shooting and styling product and lifestyle shots without needing
heavy management or direction
● Must be determined to see a project through to the finish
● Excellent knowledge of photo techniques including, shooting, lighting, editing, and archiving
● Strong knowledge of photo preparation for both print and digital use
● Must be willing to learn new skills and techniques independently
● Video experience is preferred but not required
● High proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Bridge
● Proficiency in MacOS, Dropbox, Google Workspace, and Microsoft Office
● Proficiency in Adobe Premiere and After Effects preferred but not mandatory
● Bachelor’s degree preferred but not mandatory if sufficient experience
● 2+ years commercial/product photographing, retouching, and color correction experience preferred
● BMX, bicycle, action sports, or lifestyle brand background/experience preferred” – Blackout Distribution