Last week it was announced that Blackout Distribution bought Cinema Wheel Co., and it looks like they are wasting no time in getting things up and running. They just hit us up with their new job listing that we’re sure will go fast. Check out the full details below!
“Cinema BMX is now hiring for an in-house creative position. Cinema is looking for someone passionate in graphic design, marketing and BMX to add to its creative team. To apply, send an email with your portfolio and experience to email@example.com.
Location: Rochester, New York
Position: Full Time & In-House
Benefits: Health Care Options, Vacation Time, Bonus Plan, Free Product Allowance
Position Description and Responsibilities
• Maintain and guide the brands visual identity and marketing direction in a unified and profitable way
• Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following…
• Look-books – For new and current products, apparel, etc.
• Online Ad Banners – Web banners and skins for Vital, Ride BMX, TCU, etc.
• Social Media and Promotion Content – IG contests, header graphics, etc.
• Online Catalogs – Full length catalogs, flipbooks, etc.
• Social Sites – Updating & promoting Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, etc.
• Email Newsletter – Sent regularly for new products, events, team news, etc.
• Blog – Create posts for new product listings, team additions, videos, events, office news, etc.
• Products – Update new products, specs, product videos and product flipbooks
• Media – Update latest videos, wallpapers, print ad archive
• Store – Adding new products and removing discontinued items
• Re-Designs – Full site redesigns every 2-3 years
• Print Ads – Campaigns and designs for print such as Ride BMX, Dan’s Comp, etc.
• Promotional Print – Catalogs, brochures, mailers, and posters
• Uploading – Uploading videos to YouTube and iTunes
• Thumbnails – Thumbnail creation for videos
• Edits – Graphics and motion graphics for riding or product videos
• Video – Working closely with videographer and/or motion graphics designer
• Product Graphics – Creating graphics and logo treatment for new products
• Product Packaging – Package design with graphic treatment for parts
• Promotion – Sticker packs, banners, ramp stickers, flyers, POP items, etc.
• T-Shirt Logos – Creating several t-shirt logos each season
• New Apparel Design – Designing tags, trim, graphics, etc. for new apparel items
• Highly reliable, detail oriented and organized
• Excellent time management skills
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to be self-sufficient, as well as work in a group environment
• Ability to meet deadlines, accomplish tasks with minimal supervision and provide mistake-free work
• Work closely with photographer for catalog layouts, ads, website, etc.
• Business to business experience desired (working directly with suppliers and vendors)
• Working within given project/division budgets
• Utilize and work effectively with freelance and outside resources
• Staying in tune with BMX market trends and competitors
Required Software Skills
• High proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
• Intermediate to high proficiency in WordPress / WooCommerce CMS platforms
• Intermediate proficiency in current web standards and languages (HTML, CSS, etc.)
• Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite software
• Intermediate proficiency with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat and Issuu
• Bachelor’s degree preferred but not mandatory if sufficient experience
• 2-3 years of experience in BMX or similar action sports design desired”